Cupid's arrow hits perfect target when two damselflies make heart shape as they mate

By EMMA REYNOLDS

Arrows fly: A damselfly soars towards two of his species as they form the shape of a heart while mating

These enchanting pictures show two damselflies making the shape of a heart as they mate. Talented photographer Mark Bridger managed to capture the exact moment another insect tried to join the fun, producing a shot that looks like an arrow striking the heart.
The picture looks so much like the iconic symbol for love that amateur snapper Mr Bridger, 43, has dubbed it ‘Cupid’s arrow’.
The married dad-of-one, from Kent, told how he took the pictures by accident last summer.
He said: 'I had a few hours before I had to be at work and I decided to go and take some pictures of kingfishers at Sevenoaks Wildlife Reserve.

Wings of desire: Photographer Mark Bridger managed to capture the perfect moment at Sevenoaks Wildlife Reserve

'By the time I got to the reserve I was running late and I didn’t have time to take the pictures I wanted.
'I walked past these damselflies making a love heart shape and I decided to photograph them instead.
'At one point another damselfly flew at them and I remember thinking that he probably wanted to join in.
'It was only until that night when I was uploading the images on my computer that I saw the third damselfly was making the shape of an arrow heading towards the heart shape.
'It’s quite amazing really.
'I showed my wife and she said, "That’s funny, it looks like Cupid’s arrow".'

source: dailymail