The antelope with his own web-site (and a spider who is very much at home)

By Mail Foreign Service

You and me forever: The antelope - his face also covered in cobweb - appears quite happy with his new friend


It's nature's version of the Odd Couple.

This Impala antelope has become a home for a contented spider.

The insect appears to have settled in the web after it became caught between the antlers of the small antelope as it walked through a national park.

Photographer Frank Solomon captured the bizarre image while on safari


Home sweet home: The spider perches happily near the Impala's antler


He said: 'This is the first time I have ever seen something like this, and I have spent most of my life in the bush.

'For me this was better than seeing a herd of elephant or a leopard in a tree because it was a truly one-off moment.

'When the friend I was with pointed it out all I could see was the Impala. I thought my friend was joking but upon closer inspection I noticed the web.

'I feel it is definitely one for the record books and a sight I will never forget.'

He added: 'The Impala was with one other male and about 12 metres from our vehicle.

'There was no behaviour to indicate he was aware of the web.'

Mr Solomon took the photo of the Impala in Kruger National Park, South Africa, which is home to around 110,000 of the small antelope.

The Impala in the picture is believed to be around two years old.


source: dailymail