Herd the one about the cow that jumped onto the roof?

Over the moon: The cow's jump to the roof caused much mirth amongst the family in the house


Forget the nursery rhyme about cow that jumped over the moon, this animal leapt up on to a house roof.

The owner of the house in Blagdon, Somerset, called police after getting home to find her roof seriously damaged and smashed tiles as she feared a burglar had tried to break in.

But the intruder on the roof turned out to be a cow.

William de Cothi, 17, photographed the animal after he spotted it on the roof about 6ft off the ground.

He said: 'I was looking out of my window when I saw the cow.

'At first I thought that it was an illusion and that it was in the background and not really on the roof.

'But after a closer look I could see it was actually on the roof.'

The local teenager added: 'I have heard cows can jump quite high, so I think that is how it got up there.

'I got my family to come and look later and they laughed. It was absolutely amazing.'

Village PC Ray Bradley said: 'This was initially recorded on my figures as a burglary so I am glad I can take it off.

'If it wasn't for the door-to-door inquires and this photo we wouldn't have found out it was a cow responsible.'

source: dailymail