Now that's what you call a shell suit! Tortoise owner knits dozens of adorable outfits for her pets

By ANNA EDWARDS

Tortoise-lover Katie Bradley started crocheting wooly designs - including these dinosaur outfits - for her seven pet tortoises as a family joke

At first glance, they look like elaborately-patterned tea cosies.
But these wooly designs are actually adorable outfits for tortoises - and are flying off the creators knitting needles.
Tortoise-lover Katie Bradley started crocheting the outfits for her seven pet tortoises as a family joke.

Found under the pumpkin patch! After posting pictures of the cosy designs on her tortoise blog, she was soon inundated with requests to make them for tortoises around the globe

But after posting pictures of the cosy outfits on her tortoise blog, she was soon inundated with requests to make them for tortoises around the globe.
And now tortoises around the world are being decked out dressed as sharks, pumpkins - or just in pretty patterns.
Katie, from Vancouver, Canada, said: 'My first cozy started out as a fun little joke. I came across a picture of a tortoise with a doily on its shell, and had a good laugh.
'I decided to take it a step further, and crocheted a few little cozies in simple designs, tried them on my tortoises, and took pictures.

Firestarter! Katie, from Vancouver, Canada, said: 'My first cozy started out as a fun little joke. I came across a picture of a tortoise with a doily on its shell, and had a good laugh'

'I posted pictures on my tortoise blog and shared them on one of the tortoise forums, and very quickly, they became popular.
'I started getting requests to make them to sell, so I listed some in my tortoise-themed Etsy shop. They started selling as fast as I could make them, so I just kept making more.

Katie has seven tortoises and says she loves their 'wise eyes' and how no one is frightened of them



source: read more at dailymail