Feline greasy? Cute stray kitten saved from car wheel by RSPCA rescuers after getting her head stuck

By JILL REILLY

Trapped: A stray kitten nicknamed Alloy, was rescued by quick- thinking RSPCA staff after she got her head trapped in a car tyre

When a homeowner heard a desperate meowing coming from his shed, he was shocked to discover it was the call of a tiny stray kitten which had become trapped in a car tyre. After RSPCA officers were called, they realised the ten-week-old kitten could not pull its head through a hole in the old wheel hub.
Now nicknamed Alloy, the tortoise shell cat was living as a stray in Sparkbrook, Birmingham. RSPCA inspector Herchran Boal said: 'I tried to free Alloy at the scene using margarine but it was impossible so I knew I was going to need help.
'I took her to Birmingham Animal Hospital where after about one hour we finally managed to get her free using KY jelly.
'I did at one point think I was going to have to take the tyre to the fire service so Alloy could be cut free so it was such a relief when she was successfully freed.
'Despite being really frightened she was hissing and spitting at me because she is a feral kitten and hadn’t been handled before.

New life: Alloy is now said to be 'doing well' and soon she will be eligible for rehoming

Freed: After she was taken out of the tyre little Alloy was given a meal to help build up her strength

Rescue: RSPCA inspector Herchran Boal said: 'I tried to free Alloy at the scene using margarine but it was impossible so I knew I was going to need help'

'The fantastic news is she is doing well and after lots of handling and tender loving care she will be moved over to our animal centre next door for rehoming which means she is going to have a really different life from the one she would have had.
'Kittens are naturally curious animals and they will explore as Alloy did.'
She is now expected to make a full recovery.

source: dailymail